The Shizuoka Hobby Show is one of the biggest annual events for the major toy manufacturers to exhibit their upcoming products for the later half of this year. Although manufacturers of other toy series are also participating, I pay more attention to Bandai's booth, since I'm more interested in the upcoming Gundam model kits. By the way, Bandai’s major manufacturing site is situated in Shizuoka if you would like to know.
The emphasis is given to Char's Counter Attack MS, where most of the major characters are coming out in HCM Pro format. This could be the testing bed for Bandai to see the possibility producing the MSs from that series into HGUC kits. Some other models to look out for are Duel Kai and Buster Kai from Stargazer. Under development is Master Grade Gundam F91, the first Gundam in the Universal Century era featuring beam shield.
No new on any new Perfect Grade model for this year yet! T_T
The summary of the models are as below (from Gunota Headlines)
- MG Gundam F91 (July, 3,200 yen)
- MG Gundam F90 (exhibit only)
- HGUC GP02A (July, 2,100 yen)
- 1/100 Astray Gold Frame Amatu Mina (July, 3,990 yen)
- 1/144 HG Buster Gundam Kai (Summer)1/144 HG Duel Gundam Kai (Summer)
- EX Model La Vie En Rose (September, 6,825 yen)
- HCM-Pro Sazabi (July, 2940 yen)
- HCM-Pro RGZ-91 (Aug, 2310 yen)
- 1/400 Gundam Collection Alpha Azier (Summer)