Thursday, July 20, 2006

KL Trip: World Cup Final in Bukit Bintang

I watched the World Cup Final in KL along with my friends. There was a huge celebration on the street of Bukit Bintang, where we stayed at. Big screens were put up hours before the live broadcast, and there were some activities going on before the grand finale. I didn't pay much attention to the crowd, as it was just too noisy. Fanatic fans had banners tied on their head like they were some kamikaze warriors, and had their faces painted with French and Italian flag. There were so many of those painted faces, our clean faces seemed to be from outer space.




The World Cup hype in Bukit Bintang

Anyway, we hid in our hotel room watching the match, there were four of us: one Italy fan, one France supporter, one didn't really care, and one Argentina fan - me :-) It was really great to see Zidane’s head butt, there something good out of his bold head anyway :-)



A much more quiet way to watch World Cup, and safer too, I forgot how many times I cursed the French without the worry of being stabbed on the back