Monday, September 25, 2006

Character designs for Tranformers the Movie 2007

Saw some unconfirmed designs of a few characters of Transformers the Movie 2007 on CountingDown.com. Some of you might have seen Optimus Prime and Megatron before this. So, what’s your comment?

For me, frankly, I don’t quite like the designs of both the leading robots. Optimus seems a bit too ‘stylish’ for me, kind-of give me the ‘cow-boy’ feeling. Is that how Michael Bay wants him to be? If so, that might destroy his long impression in many fans’ hearts. Optimus should be the very straight kind-of guy, like how he is in the original series, at least that’s how I feel. I mean, they use the same huge wind-screen design for his chest for around 20 years, no matter what vehicles he transforms into, so what’s the point of giving him smaller boobs now?

And then Megatron, walau~~

The designers must hate him real bad to give such a design to him. He doesn’t even have identifiable fingers! Well, at least he is not wearing the awkward-looking helmet anymore. :-P My favorite design of the ultimate bad guy is Galvatron, the ungrateful evolved version of Megatron. The crown-like helmet seems cool to me.

Anyway, since these images are from a forum, nothing has been confirmed, so let’s hope that they make some adjustments based on the fans feedback, so that we don’t end up with another Gozilla or Final Fantasy Hollywood crap.

Images are adapted from CountingDown.com.


The new Optimus Prime, will probably stir up some controversy among Transformers fans


The truck design of Optimus Prime, now way to figure out how he manage to transform into the robot mode above


The new Megatron, any possibility that he is partly organic in this design?


Megatron face in battle mode. Pretty mean, and now he has teeth too :-)


The design for Bumber-bee. Cute? I don’t think so


Jazz. Sleek chick-catcher from Sibertron. I wonder if he is that stylish in robot mode


And this is Starscream, looks really different now. I wonder if he has the same squeaky voice from the original version?