Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Zaku II is Hiding in MG Gelgoog Ver. 2.0

I was browsing the preview of MG Gelgoog Ver. 2.0 on Dalong.net yesterday with the floor flooded with my saliva :-) My drooling only stopped when I read the construction manual of that Gunpla. I found out that there are so many similarities between this kit and the previous MG Zaku II Ver. 2.0. As a matter of fact, I would say that 75 percent of the inner frame is based on the concept from Zaku II.


What's that? Even the box art seems peculiarly similar to each other


The eye which moves along with the head? Not a big deal anymore after two Zaku II Ver. 2.0.


I suppose the PG-style inner frame for the arm has become quite a standard, not just for Zaku II and Gelgoog, but other MGs in the future as well. I think they will features similar assembly method as well.


There are more similarities in the legs between the two kits. Just check out Dalong.net

Also, the frame of the leg armor (that’s like inner frame within the inner frame) need some painting to look nice, and the thrusters looks a bit goofy to me.

Well, that almost cut down my interest on MG Gelgoog Ver. 2.0, especially when the price is so much higher than Zaku II (4500 Yen, around RM165).

But then again, the sheer size of this mecha (not to mention his massive Zulu-type shield as well) is a reason good enough to make my wallet cry again.