Sunday, October 07, 2007

Behold! God-Keron!

I never talked much about Keroro Gunsou on my blog, mainly because they are non-Gundam, although I heard that one of those "alien frogs" :) is also a Gundam fan who like to build Gunpla. Also, I didn't follow the anime, so how they end up on Earth, or why they have the connection with Gundam is unknown to me. They always look like toys I would craze over when I was four or five, but not now.

Beginning with Keroro Robo Mk-II, their model kits becomes more sophisticated, as you not only get to assemble the frogs, each kit also feature a robot which is characterized after their "pilot", and each robot can actually transform into the vehicle mode as well. Almost too sophisticated for kids, I once thought.


Keroro Robo Mk-II


Giroro Robo Mk-II


Tamama Robo Mk-II


Kururu Robo Mk-II


Dororo Robo Mk-II

Apparently the fun doesn't stop there.

If you get all the five Robo Mk-IIs, you get to transform all of them into a bigger robot, with a fancy name of "God-Keron" some more XD


Each member of Keroro Gunsou can still sit in their robot in the God-Keron mode. Cool!


Behold! God-Keron!

The best thing about the transformation is that all the components are from each kit, so there's no part-swapping or extra items needed from other kits to finish the entire model.

Another attractiveness is the price. The entire set, consist of the five "frogs", Keroro Robo Mk-II, Dororo Robo Mk-II, Giroro Robo Mk-II, Tamama Robo Mk-II and Kururu Robo Mk-II are priced at 800 Yen (around RM28) each, so to get the giant "God-Keron" will only cost you 4,000 Yen (around RM140), or one A.E.U.G.'s Gundam Mk-II Ver. 2.0.

Speaking of comparison, I'm not sure how tall God-Keron is, but I'm guessing that it'll be close to an average MG or 1/100 scale Gunpla. But then again, since they are of different franchise, there's no point for comparison anyway. Just from looking at the construction manual, I'm sure there's plenty of fun from playing with each model, or the completed God-Keron.

All images from Hobby Search.