Last year it was to commemorate the premiere of the movie in Japan at the end of June. This year it's meant for the release of the movie in Blu-ray Disc version - on May 26th. Starting with Pasela Karaoke on May 11th, then Cure Maid Cafe and Wonder Cafe on May 11th, then Queen Dolce on May 29th, fans can experience "Eva Cafe" at these places till June 6th.
Some of the menu for "EVA Cafe" at Cure Maid Cafe:
- "Rei Ayanami" (Blue Hawaii syrup + Calpis (a type of uncarbonated soft drink in Japan) - 450 Yen.
- Shikinami Asuka Langley (Grenadine + ice + soda) - 450 Yen.
- "Mari Makinami Illustrious" (Melon Syrup + Grenadine + Milk + Cranberry) - 450 Yen.
- Angel/Messenger Dessert - 600 Yen.
- Shin-chan's Lunch Box - 1,000 Yen.
There are another two menu items and a special limited mug to be purchased at "Eva Cafe" when it's launched. Also, it's mentioned that each of the participating restaurants will have their own special menu created based on the image of a character from the movie. One has to go to all the restaurants to find out about all of them. ^^
Image and information is from GA Graphic.