Monday, March 19, 2007

Laptop-less Four Days

Last Thursday, my laptop's hard disk died, which left me stranded in school and my home without much to do for this blog and for my assignments. For a while, I thought I was cursed, since days before that incident, I just formatted the laptop as a last resort to solve the wireless connection problem. All the hours of backing up all my files, images, wallpapers, songs, and favorite videos into another partitioned disk, all went down the drain when the incident struck. Everything was gone.

Currently I'm using the laptop again as I just install a new hard disk which cost me the budget for MG Gundam Ver. OYW T_T. Nonetheless, the model can wait, since the priority goes to my school work and studies. Anyway, broke or not, I'm still going to get that MG for sure, and (evil) plan of overspending is pretty much being finalized already~~

The unfortunate incident between me and my laptop left me four days without my personal computer, and I realize how dependent I was on that piece of hardware. Quite some time was spent sitting at my study without doing anything. Everything I thought of during those wretched hours required my laptop, but it was not working. For a while, studying with books and stationery seems to be so hard, as I got used to reading notes from laptop screen (to save cost on printing).

Scary, since my life was not like this two or three years back.

I felt that (my) life should never be like this: too dependent on something that can render me useless when it’s not around. Even if I’m alone, I should be able to do something I like without the need to rely too heavily on that something.

So… …

I completed a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle of Snoopy in the library. How I wish it was a PG Gundam or something :-)


Snoopy's expression pretty much sums up how I felt for the last few days

Quite a piece of jigsaw puzzle, and I never did one for years now. The experience most certainly brought back quite a lot of sweet memory, and some baggy eyes as well for trading my sleep with its completion +_+

By the way, I’m currently redesigning a whole set of small banners to replace the text links you see on the right panel of my blog. Should be out by the end of this week. Stay tuned!