Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MG Sinanju Ver. Ka - Foil Stickers for Golden Emblems?

As mentioned just now, more images of MG Sinanju Ver. Ka from Miyazawa Mokei Sale Fall 2008.

But...

... something is a bit fishy about those golden emblems...




Look closer:



They look like foil stickers to me:

- first picture above (top left) shows some edges of the sticker not being pasted correctly. I also suspect that the sticker for the upper chest is going to be in one piece - it covers the entire crest (gold and black), making the 3D effect of the crest totally gone.
- second picture (top right) shows the split between the sticker on the upper chest and the one below it
- third picture shows the "hard" edges of the emblems - normally found on foil stickers. Fans of SD models should be very familiar with this ^^;
- and those extra shininess seems spot-on for foil sticker-lah!
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
sweat drop ^^;
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Although it's confirmed that two different types of marking seals will be included (水転写式とシールタイプの2種のマークが付属するが - from source: GA Graphic), I must say the appearance of foil sticker for this MG really surprises me.

With so many areas of golden emblems on Sinanju, I do expect a huge slide of foil sticker. ^^; Never thought that would happen for MGs nowadays XD

No big deal for me anyway actually, foil sticker or clear sticker or decal, I set my objective to paint those emblems myself anyway ^^

Images from GA Graphic.