Monday, January 29, 2007

Manufacturing a Pop Star

Indeed, like the title suggests, this posting is about how we can manufacture a pop star, physically.


Not sure how the real Yanzi should feel after this

My friend forwarded me an email about a Taiwanese girl who went through some serious cosmetic surgery to transform herself from an ordinary girl you see everyday on the street to become Sun Yanzi, physically. I was just breathless after seeing all the images, not only at how successful the whole process was, but also at the length of the girl's willingness to get a pop-star's face. I'm fan of Sun Yanzi, I don't know whether I like the girl now (for having a face like my idol), or the original her if I knew her.

For you who are reading this, would you be willing to pay that much of price, either monetarily, physically and psychologically to get the final effect that will stay permanently? Maybe you like Sun Yanzi very very much, but to be her is another thing. Some problems may occurs, like what to say to your parents, being swarmed by the public for a while until they realize that you are fake, and when Sun Yanzi is no longer the superstar, do you go for another artist's face, say Jolin?

I would be worry that if I go to Taiwan next time, I might get a fake Yanzi autograph -_-++

For sure, the only good thing is, from this posting, I really learnt quite a lot of vocabularies on cosmetic surgery.


From an ordinary girl, after going through...


...Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), and...


...Rhinoplasty, to upgrade the nose, and...


...Mastopexy (breast lift), and...


...get rid of extra fat in her leg via Liposuction, and...


...botox injection in the cheek as well as...


...area near the eyes to get rid of any winkle, is that all?


...One last process to go: laser resurfacing of the face and...


...she will become Yanzi Number 2!!


Unbelievable