Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Favorite Anime Songs

Several of my favorite songs from recent and current anime series, which I'd like to introduce to all of you. ^^ I'm sure some of them are your favorites as well.

JAM Project: Break Out - from Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Divine Wars. Definitely the most "hot-blooded" songs XD on my list. Also, do you know that 'JAM' is actually the acronym for "Japan Animation Song Makers"? They are a bunch of anime-related artists working together to perform new theme songs for anime and video games.

"Break Out" is the only song I know of from JAM Project, but I'll definitely check out their other songs as well.


A very 'strange' MV ^^;
If you can't see anything, follow this link to Veoh.

L'Arc~en~Ciel: Daybreak's Bell - I was wondering all this while: how do you pronounce the band's name? ^^; Anyway, L'Arc~en~Ciel has been around for more than a decade already, and they performed once in America as well.

I'm sure Gundam fans will remember "Daybreak's Bell", the theme song for the first half season of Gundam Double O. Back then, the pace of the story was much slower than what happened in the second half of the season, and I enjoyed the both action and the story. When deaths of prominent characters started to become 'common' in the second half of the season, I can't say I enjoyed the story much anymore ^^;

So, I'll always remember "Daybreak's Bell" as the happier part of Gundam Double O.


A great song, and a very coolsome MV as well.
If you can't see anything, follow this link to Veoh.

Tourbillon: Break the Chain - from Kamen Rider Kiva. Obviously not the official MV. When I first watched the series, I used to think that the song was performed by Kivat Bat ^^; as he was shown singing it in the opening theme. As with the two songs mentioned above, "Break the Chain" is performed by a band as well, called Tourbillon.

Got to love the violin near the end of the song - totally suits the theme for Kamen Rider Kiva.


If you can't see anything, follow this link to Youtube.

By the way, anyone watched Kamen Rider Den-O & Kiva: Climax Deka yet? It was in Japanese theaters on 12 April. ^^;

Stephanie: Friends - the second ending theme song for Gundam Double O. Definitely my favorite song at the moment. Born to a Japanese mother and an Armenian-American father, Stephanie's voice is really quite outstanding. You'll feel like you want to shout sing with her, especially near the end of the song.

I think I'm going to listen to it every night until Season Two begins ^^


If you can't see anything, follow this link to Youtube.

Also, Stephanie blogs as well. ^^ Bookmark her blog quick! XD

Taja: Sora no Tamoto - Opening theme for MS IgLoo: The Hidden One Year War. A very sad song for me, every time I listen to it, I remember the last episode from the series, where three Zudahs desperately tried to rescue their comrades in Zaku II J-Type who were 'drowning' in space.

Taja also sang the theme song for the MS IgLoo: Apocalypse 0079, called "Yume Wadachi". The theme song for Saji and Louisse, called "Love Today" was also by Taja.


While the MV is based on MS IgLoo: Apocalypse 0079, where the opening theme was "Yume Wadachi", not "ora no Tamoto", that Oggo versus Ball scene was equally sad as well.
If you can't see anything, follow this link to Youtube.