Friday, December 28, 2007

Soul of Chogokin God Mars and Daimos

As mentioned some time ago, after Baikanfu, the next Soul of Chogokin is the unbeatable God Mars.

SOC_GodMars_01_s
Apart from the awesome transformation, there are plenty of action of each of the smaller robots. Wow!

SOC_GodMars_02_s
The comparison between the new and old God Mars clearly demonstrates the advancement of technology is improving the coolness of toys nowadays ^^

God_Mars_CombinationMech_s
A fighter jet set consists of three planes called Combination Mech (?) are included in this SOC release. One of the planes is extremely tiny ^^;

The next Soul of Chogokin after God Mars is Daimos.

SOC_Daimos_s
There's no mentioning of its release date and price though.

Still remember Daimos everyone? Personally, I have very vague memory about the story and the characters actually. It was one of the many on-and-off Japanese anime I watched when I was young. I only remember the opening scene where Daimos in his truck mode would fly off a cliff to the sea and the container of the truck would open and transform. The front of the truck opens and reveals Daimos's head.

Now that I think about it, that scene is as clear as yesterday ToT

I didn't watch much of Daimos actually. Like several other anime back then, it was aired for a short while, and then a new one came. I don't know why was there such arrangement by the TV station, but I suppose I would have remember Daimos more if I watch more episodes of it. Anyway, it's still a very brief but sweet part of my childhood memory.


The opening scene of Daimos - totally nostalgic~
Can't see anything? Follow this link to Youtube.

All images from scans of Dengeki Hobby February issue.